Monday, February 1, 2010

Does a flower of another color smell as sweet?




It does if they are the same flower!
We had fun coloring some carnations last week. I have distinct memories of doing this in elementary school (which is strange considering how many childhood memories I have) and made just as many memories doing it with Spencer.
Spencer just loves the word Hypothesis and searches for ways to use it everyday. So we hypothesized about a bunch of stuff. Would they really change?
We made some red, blue and yellow carnations from white ones by feeding them food coloring in there water. If you haven't done this in a while I recommend it! It only takes about 6 hours to get a noticeable change which is very rewarding!
Spencer couldn't wait to give these flowers to Grandma, he is so sweet! I hope you are enjoying your flowers!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

And they did smell pretty good! My favorite ones where the blue ones

amberkei said...

Those flowers were so cute! I must say I am very impressed with the number of posts lately!

Carina said...

Very cool! I don't think I've ever done that but it makes me want to go out and buy some flowers.