Monday, February 22, 2010

Before and After.....












This is almost a little embarrassing to post this picture I love the end results so much. Here it is, my bedroom. This is how it has looked for almost 5 years now. I had intentions of decorating my room much sooner than this, I really did! But I didn't like this or I couldn't find just what I was thinking of. So time went on and on and I grew comfortable with leaving it alone. That is until we started to sell our house. First off, I was uncomfortable with people walking through and judging how I do things around here and second, there was the ugly master bedroom.
I was frustrated that we didn't have a headboard, and now wasn't a really good time to buy one either. But Talking with my brother-in-law (shocker Ha?) He suggested just putting a damask vinyl print at the top to create the focal point.
YEAH! I loved the idea and ran wild with it.
It was an amazing process, around every turn things seemed to just fall in place or work in my favor. The down comforter was on sale at Costco because they were clearing them out to make room for summer things. The fabric and pillow forms I bought at Joann's was on such a good sale that I ended up saving more money than I spent (That's my favorite!) I put towels and a shower curtain in my bathroom to match and they were at Ross at incredible prices; I didn't pay more than 4.00 for any of them. The vinyl was a family special since Katrina (married to the brother-in-law with the great idea in the first place) has a vinyl business. I love finding a deal but this was a little unusual for me to find SO many!
I love my new room!
What do you think?

6 comments:

Alicia said...

Wow...looks really good. If you keep dreaming of having a headboard you can check out the blog Knock Off Wood to get instructions on how to make your own. I'm so tempted to try building a new kitchen table after looking at this blog and then I think, I don't even know how to use a saw! Anyway, the room looks great.

Melissa Fisher said...

Yay, much better. A couple thoughts. Maybe a window valance on the big window. Black or red, or a curtain rod with some black or red fabric strewn over. The white windows above the bed.... kindof get lost. I picture maybe a gather in the middle with a black ribbon or something. I don't know if that makes sense and I'm not sure you wanted any opinions, but I think it looks much much better!!! YAY

Carina said...

Beautiful!! How fun! I love that style. What a creative idea to use the vinyl as a focal point. Love it!!

Tiff said...

Ya. I know I said it before, but I love your room too. It's cool to see the before and after. It looks sooo good. Now, I want to get all creative and fix my room. :)

amberkei said...

So nice! I love it! I'll have to actually come visit one of these days and check it out for myself! I guess it was supposed to be since everything kinda fell into place for you! Hooray!

Alicia said...

Very cute! You can't beat a good deal and remodel a room! The cool thing is you can take it all with you to your next house. :)