Tuesday, November 11, 2008

What a great stay - cation!


Derek and I both took off work for a weekend to spend some time as a family and to get some things done around the house. We had such a great time! (although Derek's opinion may be different) First we moved the furniture so we cold try out my brand new, very own carpet cleaner! I had so much fun watching the carpets change color. I used to think my mother was crazy for getting excited over silly things like this (her favorite day was garbage day!) but I have inherited this same trait. I think Spencer is catching on too....whenever he uses the swivel sweeper he is always so anxious to see how much dirt he caught. What a funny boy.
We had some fun as a family too. We took daddy to see the aquarium in Sandy, and had a great time. Derek had never been before (I get to have all the fun) so Spencer got to show him the ropes. It was really fun to watch him get his nerve up to touch the Mana Ray, mostly because it reminded me of how nerve racking it was for me the first time too. Have you ever touched one? They feel squishy and slimy and not at all like I would have expected.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

Ah, I just cleaned our carpets too! But I don't have my very own nifty carpet cleaner, which I have been wanting for a long time. It is so nice to feel like your house is clean.

amberkei said...

Oh, and I love the background...very stylish!