Monday, December 8, 2008

Wet Onsie Contest


This is Rachel's new favorite activity. It actually isn't that new, but in the past she has only done it in the toilet bowl. (gross!) which is why mommy came up this this new activity, hopefully to curb the crave. She is my water child. It wouldn't matter what else was going on she knew if there was water nearby to splash. She loves her bath!
It doesn't really help that she strives to do anything she has ever caught a glimpse that it is an adult only, or a big no-no. And I know that some of you may be thinking that I just need to watch her better. But as you may have not realized I do not have super powers which is what I would need. I just can't keep up with this one.
For instance the other day I was helping Spencer get dressed when I noticed that Rachel was in the Kitchen and before I could get to her she started to pull the garbage from the can. I quickly moved her to the other end of the house and piled the toys around her as I went to clean up the mess. Before I had the bag tied up I could already hear the splashing of a little girl in the toilet.
And I know that you may be thinking to keep the door closed or use one of those little toilet latches that are so great. But with a toilet trained 3 year old I just don't think that it would work out like that. She knows!
It is amazing to me that these little ones can figure us out so quickly and how much they know about the world around them. Oh, how I love to watch the little wheels turn inside there heads!

1 comment:

Katrina said...

hahaha - sounds just like her mommy! before you know it, she'll have figured out how to take her diaper off and run around in only her birthday suit or swimsuit!